I thought I’d take some time away from my serious posts to give you an update on the whole moving / house hunting situation since the putting in an offer after the Farmhouse didn’t work out.
Well, that one didn’t work out either. They came back with a version of, “Hey, we have two other offers! Everyone bring us your highest and best, and we are going to take the next 3 and a half weeks to decide.”
So then we put in an offer on another home, full asking price and all. They accepted. We entered escrow. JR was “excited” but I was leery after all of the other failed attempts. Turns out the roof inspection was awful; the roof was as old as the house (almost 30 years) and needed to be replaced – the sooner, the better. The sellers weren’t budging on price or repair, so JR said “No go.”
(Long, dramatic sigh.)
Instead of going back to square one (again), we grabbed an apartment. We have never, in 15+ years of together, lived in an apartment - together. We have less than two weeks to figure it out.
(Nervous, fluttery sigh.)
Exhausted couple photo credit: http://asquarecup.com/
The Motley Ms.
Hi! My name is Melinda (or Mel, if you like). I'm a saved-by-grace-er, lifelong learner, INFJ, health & fitness trynabe, Mom, mental health vlogger (hey! go subscribe!!) and Child & Family Therapist - not necessarily in that order (well, except the first one). If you want to see my business-y side, check out my super-professional business website.
The Motley Ms
The Therapist's Therapy Blog