You never know what you are going to find at a Thrift Store. I supposed that is part of the thrill. I stumbled upon this find yesterday. $3.19 The only thing that seemed to be wrong was that those little bead-balls were faded. Easy fix!
I chose turquoise, yellow and red to coordinate with my current Fall color scheme.
I love the finished product. If you are so inclined, you may want to add sunflowers, pine cones or other frill to your thrift store find. I'd love to see some creations, if you feel like sharing a photo.
Wondering if your child may benefit from counseling? Below is a list of some of the common signs/symptoms/indications to look for:
- Appearing sad, shy, withdrawn, disengaged, fatigued or worried
- Lack of compliance and/or aggression with authority
- Aggression with peers (hitting, pushing, yelling, biting)
- Trouble making friends (social isolation, lack of social skills, bullying)
- Neighborhood or community violence or disaster
- Parenting concerns (parent mental health or substance use issues, parenting skills, jail time)
- Home issues or transitions (new sibling, parental divorce, move to new home, homelessness)
- Grief and Loss issues (foster care, absent parent, death of loved one)
- Disruptive behaviors / getting in trouble at school
- Known or suspected abuse or trauma of any kind
No one knows your child better than you, so if you think something is off, of if you notice something going on with your child that is not on this list, by all means, take your child for a consultation with a licensed or pre-licensed professional.
LMFTs, LPCs and other master's professionals do not prescribe medications, so don't worry about an automatic prescription. (If a prescription is indicated, your therapist will refer you to a doctor who can evaluate and prescribe- plus, there are holistic options to explore, should this be an issue.)
However, a qualified professional should be able to meet with you and your kiddo to see if therapy might be beneficial. There are many therapeutic techniques to help you and your child in achieving your emotional, behavioral and social goals. An initial consultation may be in order.
This blog is for information/ entertainment purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for actual therapy.
Photo credit: pixabay
The Motley Ms.
Hi! My name is Melinda. I'm a saved-by-grace-er, lifelong learner, INFJ, health & fitness trynabe, Mom, #vanlifer, mental health vlogger, and Director & Clinical Supervisor at a Child & Family Therapy Practice in Northern California.
The Motley Ms
The Therapist's Therapy Blog